Thursday, September 11, 2008

Throwback Thursday

I've always been a big fan of music. No matter what the genre, if it has a catchy tune, chances are you'll find me singing it.

When I was growing up in the eighties, my parents were listening to the tunes of the sixties and seventies. These throwbacks always bring a smile to my face, because they take me back to my childhood, to a time when I was ridiculously happy and carefree.

I'd like to start my new blog tradition with a song that I remember my parents dancing to, their cheeks pressed together as they held each other close and swayed to the rhythm. It is also the song that makes my husband and I fall into each other's arms as soon as the opening bars sound.

Please enjoy Mr. Bobby Caldwell as he sings What You Won't Do For Love.

Have a great day....


2 comments:

Jax Cassidy said...

You know I love music and when you throw in a little romance, it's 'perfect'!

I was out with my Mr. Right a few months ago for dinner and as we left the restaurant, we heard an old romantic classic. He reached for my hand, twirled me around into his arms. We swayed to the music beneath the stars next to a beautiful outdoor fountain of brick and stones. It was the most romantic thing! We even had a small audience of employees from the Italian restaurant next door, guess it was after hours... :)

Abigail said...

Awwww... That is too sweet! I love that you and Mr. Right think nothing of spontaneously breaking into dance. That is so romantic!