Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Good Day For An Outing




Yesterday I did something I've been meaning to do for quite some time now. In the morning after I took DS to school, I packed up my laptop, notebooks and gel pens, then headed to the nearest Barney's for a caffeine induced writing fest.

It felt good to work in a place other than home for a change. Don't get me wrong, I love the comfort and solitude that being at home affords me, but it was a real treat to set up shop and write while sipping on a decadent cappuccino.

The change of scenery also helped me focus and I was more productive than I'd been in a long time. I really needed that boost because I have some work due to my agent ASAP.

Will I be returning to my new writing haunt any time in the near future? It depends on how I'm feeling. Should my creativity falter and I need a huge boost, I'll more than likely drive the five miles, take my headphones out and get writing. But until then, you'll find me at home working on my next Pièce de Résistance.

Totally off topic...I want to wish my friend Jax a Happy Happy Birthday! I wish for you closets full of red-heeled Diva Shoes and a year of ultimate joy.
All the best everyone,

Abi

1 comment:

Katie Reus said...

I'm always impressed by anyone who can write in coffee shops :) I get so distracted by people watching, lol. There's something to be said for getting out of the house though!!